Intro Voice Workshop: Sing Better with SVW!*
(* Somatic Voicework™ (The Lovetri Method) is a state-of-the-art vocal technique specifically designed for contemporary styles.)
A strong, healthy instrument is the foundation for singing freely and expressively in any style. This half-day workshop will give you an overview of voice function (ie; how the voice actually works) and tools you can immediately use to improve your performance. Through individual and group exercises and coaching, you’ll discover:
- The muscles used in singing, and how to train them to work at peak efficiency
- How to sing in chest, head, and “mix” registers, and how to “belt” safely;
- How to improve your breath support;
- How to make your sound fit your musical style;
- How to bring more authentic expression into your voice.
And much more!
Where: Davis Square, Somerville, MA (directions will be sent when you register)
When: Sunday, September 13, 2015